Fitcrack system is developed and used in the academic area by NES@FIT research group under the Integrated platform for analysis of digital data from security incidents, no. VI20172020062 granted by the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech republic. This section presents all research papers related to Fitcrack.
- Distributed Password Cracking with BOINC and hashcat (Digital Investigation)
The paper shows how we use the hashcat tool in the Fitcrack system. It describes strategies for workload distribution in different attack modes. Using practical experiments, the capabilities are compared to the Hashtopolis project.
- The paper was published in Digital Investigation journal.
- Distributed Password Cracking in a Hybrid Environment (SPI 2017)
In this paper, we focus on demonstrating the ability of Fitcrack software to run in a hybrid environment, consisting of computing nodes of different performance that can change over time. We also discuss the issue of dictionary attack in a distributed environment.
- The paper was presented on 9th International Scientific Conference Security and Protection of Information.
- On Efficiency Of Distributed Password Recovery (ICDF2C 2016)
In the paper we propose a distributed password recovery solution using BOINC. The design was tested in the laboratory environment using a project server and 55 workstations cracking a single password
- The paper was presented on 8th EAI International Conference on Digital Forensics & Cyber Crime.
- Experimental Evaluation of Password Recovery in Encrypted Documents (ICISSP 2016)
The paper describes the principle of the password recovery of encrypted documents and discusses the use of GPU acceleration.
Furthermore, it analyses the use of passwords by Internet users based on the leaked datasets.
- The paper was presented on 2nd International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy.